Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Purse Essentials

I was on the plane and saw this in a mag and thought ok that could be fun. ;-)

I was lucky enough to inherit this lovely Louis Vuitton ruby red purse from my mom and inside
are all my essentials that I can not live without.

Vintage scarfs- put them on all my purses.  This one is a Liberty of England which I found thrifting and its fabulous on the red purse.

Small compartment makeup bags- use them for everything.  Love to organize my purse.  The two I am using are a vintage LV that I have had for years for my business cards and vintage Cynthia Rowley for all my lip glosses and creams.

Vitamins and Breathe- CAN NOT live without Emergen-C, the best!  I also love Go Greens.  You just add them to water and they have all your essential veggie and fruit vits and minerals.  Taste yummy too.
Love the WOW drops from Whole Foods for your breath, stays minty too.

Wallet- I tend to go more classic on wallets.  I got this Marc Jacobs like 3 yrs ago and constantly use it.  I also have a vintage LV thats timeless and never goes out of style.   When you think wallets, think timeless....:-)

Sunglasses- The biggest essential for LA.  I only wear vintage too.  These are my favorites: 50s Ray Bans that I cant live without.

Makeup- The only makeup I put into my purse is lip gloss and eye cream but there is always room for a powder compact or two. LOVE all Chanel lip glosses but also love drug store brands like Milani, super inexpensive too.

What are yours?

12 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace said...

The inside of my bag is similar in that I keep everything tidy in little zipped pouches - pens, lotions, lip balms etc., all zipped up. I also almost always have a camera in there as well. LOVE your purse.

Johanna said...

Super cute post!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

I always carry emergen-C with me too! Slightly addicted. My bag is like Mary Poppins...it's full of tricks! haha. xo

Claire Kiefer said...

Believe it or not, I keep all the makeup I wear in one lesportsac bag in my purse! I'm on the go all the time, so I need to do my makeup on the fly. Thus, a big purse is crucial for me!

Natalie said...

This is a great post! I am usually not a fan of designer bags but your red purse is just adorable!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

sooo fun! love the bag first of all - and in LOVE with those ray bans!
great post, friend!

Carly said...

A lot of the same things in my purse....mints, I too have RayBans..minimal makeup.

I have this weird thing where my wallet designer has to match my purse designer...I know I am weird. So I have a LV wallet when I use one of my LV purses and a Burberry wallet when I wear a Burberry purse. and since all the wallets and bags are so damn expensive..I stick to these two designers....and buy bags less frequently than most people....C

PS..I have a really beautiful giveaway you should check out:)

who.knows.what.dreams.may.go said...

love this post, my purse has a bunch of ghetto stuff in it. i think i might do a ghetto purse post:)

Carolina said...

can't live without my dior show mascara, my lise watier liquid eyeliner, my dior kiss lip gloss, my biotherm aquasource cream, hand cream and of course, bobbypins!

http://blonde-rose.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

I started doing this because Anthropologie has them on a lot of there purses and I loved it...great post!

Amanda Swann said...

My purse is not nearly as chic or clean! Right now it's kind of a mix between wallet, diapers, lip gloss, and I'll bet some cracker bits;)

Really cute post though.

The Cheeky Cafe

Nikki said...

I love that purse! I need to add a scarf to my bag to liven it up. It's time for a new purse but I have no moula!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails